At the heart of the Teaching Strategies approach to early childhood education is The Creative Curriculum®, the country’s leading scientifically based, comprehensive curriculum for programs serving children from birth to age 5.
We believe that curriculum should be integrated with high-quality assessment, professional development, and family connection resources to create a well-rounded program that addresses the needs of early childhood education professionals, children, and their families.
The Creative Curriculum® helps plan and implement a developmentally appropriate program that promotes children’s social-emotional development and learning in the core areas of literacy, mathematics, science, and social studies.
It combines the latest research and the freshest ideas into a forward-thinking approach to learning — one that honors creativity and respects the role that teachers play in making learning exciting and relevant for every child in their classrooms.
Our unique approach is designed to inspire teachers, to help them create a high-quality learning environment and, most of all, to support their important efforts as they open doors to successful learning.
The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool is an award-winning curriculum for preschool success. Comprising The Foundation, five research-based volumes that provide the knowledge base of the curriculum, and the Daily Resources, which offer step-by-step guidance in the form of Teaching Guides and additional daily teaching tools, The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool is fully aligned with the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework and state early learning standards. Using exploration and discovery as a way of learning, The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool enables children to develop confidence, creativity, and lifelong critical thinking skills.
The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool
- Is based on 38 objectives for development and learning, which are fully aligned with the Head Start Child Development and Early Learning Framework as well as early learning standards for every state.
- Presents knowledge-building volumes and daily practice resources in tandem, giving every educator the “what,” “why” and “how” of early childhood education.
- Offers daily opportunities to individualize instruction, helping teachers meet the needs of every type of learner.
- Addresses all the important areas of learning, from social-emotional and math to technology and the arts, and incorporates them throughout every part of every day.
- Offers daily, built-in opportunities for observation, helping teachers and administrators clearly see the strong relationship between curriculum and assessment.
- Offers complete support for working with English- and dual-language learners, including detailed guidance that helps to build teachers’ knowledge about best practices.
- Contains guidance for working with all learners, including advanced learners and children with disabilities.
The Creative Curriculum® for Preschool Components
The Foundation provides the theory and research foundation of the curriculum and helps teachers set up their classrooms. They contain everything teachers need to know in order to build and implement a high-quality preschool program.
Daily Resources provide step-by-step guidance in the form of Teaching Guides, Intentional Teaching Cards™, and additional daily teaching tools. These resources offer a wealth of ideas and detailed plans for filling every day with meaningful and engaging experiences for all of the children in your program.
Six Teaching Guides provide daily support for the entire school year, offering comprehensive, detailed plans that each span several weeks and guide teacher’s moment-by-moment through the day.